Call for Journal Papers
This year ISMAR, similar to IEEE VR, will have two different calls for papers. This first call will be for submission to the TVCG journal paper track. These papers will be published in a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG). The second call for papers will be for submission to the conference proceedings. The conference track call for papers and timeline are available on the ISMAR website. The conference track submission deadline occurs soon after the journal track notification.
ISMAR 2021, the premier conference for Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR) will be held on October 4-8 in Bari, Italy.
- Abstract Deadline:
9th March 2021 (23:59 AoE)
- Paper Submission Deadline:
15th Mar 2021 (23:59 AoE)
- Reviews sent to authors: 24th April 2021 (23:59 AoE)
- Rebuttal deadline: 29th April 2021 (23:59 AoE)
- Notification: 21st May 2021
- Final revision deadline: 11th June 2021
- Final decision: 2nd July 2021
- Camera-ready version: 5th July 2021
ISMAR is responding to the recent explosion of commercial and research activities related to AR and MR and VR by continuing the expansion of its scope over the past several years. ISMAR 2021 will cover the full range of technologies from interfaces in the real world to fully immersive experiences. This range goes far beyond the traditional definition of AR, which focused on precise 3D tracking, visual display, and real-time performance. We specifically invite contributions to advancing all AR / MR / VR technology.
All accepted papers will be orally presented at the conference. Presentations should be in person if possible, though given the current situation with COVID-19 we expect to support authors presenting remotely.
Submissions may be up to 9 pages with an additional 2 pages of references. Accepted papers will be directly published in a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG).
- All accepted papers will have the opportunity to be presented as a demo.
- All accepted papers will have the opportunity to be presented as a poster.
- All accepted papers will be archived in the IEEE Xplore digital library.
Topics of Interest
All topics relevant to and advancing AR, MR and VR are of interest. VR papers are welcome regardless of their relevance to AR/MR. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial intelligence
- Camera and projector-camera calibration
- Collaborative interfaces
- Computer vision
- Content creation / authoring and content management
- Conversational and speech interfaces
- Display technologies (e.g., eyewear, smart watches, projectors)
- Diversity and inclusivity issues
- Ethical issues
- Ergonomics and human factors
- Haptic and tactile interfaces, wearable haptics, passive haptics, pseudo haptics
- Human augmentations
- Human-computer interaction
- Immersive visual analytics
- Localization, spatial registration and tracking
- Locomotion and navigation techniques
- Machine learning
- Mediated and diminished reality
- Multimodal input and output
- Omnidirectional, 360, immersive videos
- Presence, body ownership, and agency
- Real-time performance issues
- Rendering techniques
- Sensor fusion
- Spatial audio, auditory perception and psychoacoustics
- Spatial AR, projection mapping, projector-camera systems
- System architectures, distributed and online systems
- Touch, tangible and gesture interfaces
- Technology acceptance and social implications
- Teleoperation and telepresence
- User experience, usability studies and human-subjects experiments
- Video processing and streaming
- VR simulations of AR/MR
- Visual effects / video processing
- Virtual humans and avatars
- Visualization techniques
- AR/MR/VR applications from domains include, but not limited to:
- Art, cultural heritage, education and training
- Automotive and aerospace
- Entertainment, sports broadcast
- Health, wellbeing, and medical applications
- Industrial, military, emergency response
- Therapy and rehabilitation
ISMAR 2021 Science & Technology Journal Papers Chairs